PHILIPPINES: SIARGAO: CLOUD 9, BEST SURFING SPOT WITH ENORMOUS WAVES

August 25, 2018

Are you ready? Have you trained enough? Surfing is terrifying, a mixture of anticipation, awe and fear. You could imagine how you could ever paddle out when it’s pumping, catch waves and do turns. But, let me tell you something. Surfing is one of the water sports that anyone can try even without experience. A blend of total beauty and power of nature. The waves allows me to tune in to nature’s rythms. It teaches me balance between man and nature. What could be more beneficial to life than enjoying the waves flutter your soul. 





CLOUD 9— a famous surfing spot in Siargao offers the exact meaning of the phrase itself. A feeling of extreme happiness and/or euphoria, a feeling like you’re floating on air.


During high tide, you’ll see a lot of professional surfers and also beginners around the place or playing with the waves. Cloud 9 is at its best during high tide. At low tide, the water is extremely shallow and at the high risk of getting hurt or breaking your board. 




You may watch the surfers doing some epic stunts on the water while in the famous boardwalk. You can also enjoy the sunset while in there. 



The famous boardwalk of Cloud 9


You can find a lot of surfing instructors around the area but be careful when choosing because not all of them were professionals. If you really want to have a proper surfing lessons, you can go to some famous surfing shops you can find them around General Luna too. It is quite expensive for me to have a formal lesson and get a professional and licensed instructor so I opted to just hire one when I arrived at Cloud 9. 



During the briefing and giving instructions 



It was fine and he was so kind. Even though I can’t feel my whole body especially my arms anymore, he was really pushing and encouraging me to stand and paddle and balance on the board. 
It cost me 500 pesos including the board and Kuya Joseph my instructor.
You may contact him ahead of time through this number +639984672134.


THE MIGHTY BOWLS OF SHAKA


After losing some energy and to maintain a healthy vibe, I proceeded to Shaka, a famous healthy food shop and cafe in Siargao. They offer healthy and delicious bowls and smoothies for everyone!






Related post: 

You Might Also Like

0 comment

Popular Posts

Featured Post

VIETNAM: An Exceptional Trip in Hà Giang

Hà Giang is a remote province of northern Vietnam and about 7 hours drive from Hanoi. It has the most epic and beautiful untouched sce...

Facebook